Below your ribs, the kidneys are located and they are of a big importance for the human body. The body is able to function properly because the kidneys are filtering 120-150 quarts of blood each day and this will keep the blood stable and it will prevent buildup of extra fluids and waste in the body.
Your health will be at risk if you have damaged kidneys, and that is why it is important to know the signs that indicate damaged kidneys and to do something about it.1. Having metallic taste in mouth – Different taste in mouth and bad breath can appear if you have damaged kidneys because there will be waste deposits in the blood. Also if you the taste of some foods has changed for you and you have poor appetite it can mean that you have problems with your kidneys.
2. Changes with urination – What can indicate damaged kidneys are having pressure during urinating, trouble urinating, pale color of urine, foamy urine, dark urine and the need to urinate during the night.
3. Fatigue – Kidneys have function to produce EPO (erythropoietin) and this is a hormone that helps in production of red blood cells and red blood cells supply the oxygen needed for the body. And if your kidneys are damaged it will produce lower amounts of red blood cells and that can lead to muscle and brain damage as well as fatigue.
4. Having pain in the upper back – If you have pain in the upper back, especially if it is combined with fever and urinary changes, it means that your kidneys are damaged. What can be indicator for kidney stones or kidney infections are spasms and severe pain.
5. Swelling – What can indicate damaged kidneys are swellings that appear by unknown reason. Since damaged kidneys won’t be able to remove the waste it will lead to swelling of ankles, face, feet, hands and legs.
6. Skin rash – Your skin will look unhealthy, irritated and dry if there is a problem with your kidneys due to the buildup of waste in the organism. This can cause itchy skin and rashes. If the problem for the rashes and itchy skin is damaged kidneys then the lotions and creams won’t solve your problem.