Discomfort after a big meal can be caused by excess gas or acid reflux. Instead of resulting to antacids and other medications, try a natural, easy cure that will leave you feeling great.
A regular practice of these three routines will help you prevent and relieve your bloating, and ease your stomach pains.
3 Stretching Routines for Digestion
- Start by sitting on your heels with your knees bent. To relieve strain on your knees, place a folded blanket between your feet.
- Turn your body to the right and look over your shoulder. Place your left arm over your right knee and hold the pose for 10 seconds. Return to center and turn your body to the left repeating the stretch on that side.
Extended Child’s Pose
- Stay seated on your knees and extend your hands and arms forward
- Try to place your bottom on your heels (if this is too hard, you can open your knees wider and keep your feet together as you extend)
- Continue breathing normally without forcing breath
- Get up to your hands and knees ensuring your hands are under your shoulders and your knees are under your hips.
- On the inhale, round your back up and tilt your head toward your chest and your pelvis in.
- Keep your arms straight and your hips aligned over your knees.
- On the exhale, tilt your pelvis downward while arching the back and looking upward.
- Move between this pose and the last 4-5 times.
- Go back into extended child’s pose, and finally sitting back on your heels.
Repeat entire routine 4-5 times.
- Lie on your back, and extend your legs out. Bring your right knee in toward your chest.
- Interlace your fingers around your knee. Keep your elbows up and out to the side.
- Without forcing your knee, round up your back and gaze down the length of the extended leg.
- Hold pose for 5 breaths.
- Lower the right leg and repeat with the left.
- Bring both knees to your chest and place your hands on your knees.
- Roll your lower back on the ground by stretching your knees out at arm’s length and rotating them (massages lower digestive system and lower back).
- Repeat routine 4-5 times
- Lie on your back and bring both of your knees to your chest
- Wrap your arms around your knees and hold the count for 10 breaths
- Release your arms out to your side, and with your knees bent lower them to your right side. Turn your head to the left and keep this pose for 10 breaths.
- Bring knees back to center and repeat on the other side.
- Come back to center, extend your legs and rest before repeating the routine.
Here are a few more remedies for bloating and digestion: