HEALTH & FITNESS admin 7 days ago 0 0
These are 10 most common warning signs that you are not drinking enough water:
1. Your Urine is Dark Yellow Change in the color of your urine is one of the first sings that indicate that you are not drinking enough water. Generally speaking, the urine should have a light yellow-amber colour. If you are not drinking enough water, your kidneys will start excreting substantially higher concentration of waste products (toxins, dead blood cells, proteins, etc) in your urine that should be removed from your organism and that will result in noticeably darker urine.
In addition to that, your urine may become darker after taking certain medications, B-Vitamins, beets, blackberries, asparagus or food colouring. Therefore, if you notice a temporary change in the color of your urine, first you should consider if you have consumed something that could have impact on the colour of your urine. Also, you need to increase the water intake and observe if your urine colour becomes lighter. In case if the color of your urine stays dark for a long period of time, you should be aware of the fact that it could be a sign of more severe health issue such as hepatitis or gallstones.
2. Your Urine Output is Reduced
Medical experts explain that people should urinate between 6-7 times within a 24-hour period. If you don’t drink enough water, your organism will have less fluid available to replace the fluids that are excreted from the body. In order to prevent dehydration, your kidneys will mpt to retain as much fluid as possible. So, if you urinate less than 6 times a day, you should start drinking more water.
3. Constipation One of the most common causes of constipation is dehydration and by increasing the water intake you can solve this issue. Namely, if you are not drinking enough water, your organism will try to absorb water from wherever it can, including from your colon. You should keep in mind that in order to have soft and easy-to-pass stools you should drink sufficient amount of water. It is completely naturally, lack of water to cause harder stools that are quite difficult to pass. Therefore, in order to prevent and treat constipation, you need to consume adequate amounts of water. Also, make sure that you are consuming fiber that is contained in fruit and veggies.
Other causes of constipation are physical inactivity, hypothyroidism, intestinal inflammation and dysbiosis, food sensitivities as well as stress. So, if you are drinking enough water, you should visit doctor and solve the issue.
4. Your skin is dry and wrinkles are more defined In order to keep the skin soft and smooth, many women rely on various expensive moisturizers and products. There are numerous treatments and procedures that are expensive and supposedly reduce and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles. But, before you decide to go to the cosmetics saloon, you should increase the water intake. As Dr. Diana Howard explains, dehydration may cause irritation, inflammation, unpleasant itching and sensitive skin. In more severe cases, the skin may flake and scale or even become severely red with ugly cracks and bleeds. When your skin loses its moisture, the cells shrivel and consequently wrinkles appear. Lack of water makes the wrinkles appear more defined and that makes the skin look older.
Undoubtedly, the best way to revitalize your skin is to nourish by drinking plenty of water.
5. Hunger and Weight Gain Human organism is intrinsically smart but it has a small glitch – it doesn’t know the difference between thirst and hunger. Medical experts explain that the hypothalamus, part of human brain that is responsible for regulation of hunger and thirst, sometimes gets confused and that causes hunger pangs in response to thirst. All of you should be aware of the fact that reaching for unhealthy snack instead of glass of water eventually will lead to weight gain. People who want to maintain or people who are trying to lose weight should consume adequate amounts of water.
Next time before you feel hungry and decide to grab a snack, first drink a glass of water. If you feel hungry even after 10-15 minutes, it is true hunger and you definitely should eat.
6. Thirst and Dry Mouth
Scientists explain that when you are feeling thirsty for water, you actually are slightly dehydrated. If your mouth is dry and you feel thirst, you should be aware that it is indication that the mucus membranes in your body need hydration. Drinking enough water throughout the day is the only way to resolve this issue.
7. Headaches As it is explained above, when you don’t drink enough water, your organism will start preserving are reabsorbing water from all tissues in your body. On this way, your body is trying to compensate the lack of fluid intake. As a result of that, the brain tissue loses some of its moisture and shrinks, and furthermore it is pulling away from the skull. This triggers the pain receptors which results it in a severe headache.
Moreover, if you don’t drink enough water, the blood volume drops which means reduced amount of oxygen carried to your brain. As a result of that, the blood vessels in your brain will dilate and that leads to swelling and inflammation and that actually intensifies the pain.
According to a scientific study conducted back in 2011, mild dehydration may cause fatigue, tiredness and low energy. Namely, when your organism is dehydrated and the blood volume decreases, your heart is forced to work harder in order to push oxygen and nutrients through your body. That is the reason why when you experience fatigue, you should drink water instead of coffee. Keep in mind that coffee, tea, soda and sports drinks are not substitutes for water.
9. Joint Pain
Water is natural lubricant for the joints or in other words, water allows two bones to slide over each other as your joint moves. If you don’t drink enough water, your joints will become nutrient deficient and eventually that will lead to damage of the cartilage cells. Moreover, it you are chronically dehydrated, the cells in your body will reach a tipping point and the cartilage will degenerate beyond repair. Therefore, if you are suffering from joint pain, you should increase the water intake.
10. Weak Immune System
When you dehydrated, the concentration of toxins in your blood is substantially increased and that can weaken your immune system. Doctors explain that proper hydration is essential and assists the elimination of any byproducts and toxins from your organism and helps the immune system to fight against the infection.
You’re Not Sick, You’re Thirsty Many people believe that except water, all other liquids provide hydration and that is huge mistake. You should remember that not all fluids are hydrating!
As it is mentioned above, certain beverages, including coffee, pop and juice actually can dehydrate your organism due to the high caffeine and sugar content.
Dr. Batmanghelidi is edical Doctor and expert in the healing powers of water and according to him, many of the ailments which are classified as “diseases” have positive response to increased water intake. He conducted a research and discovered that obesity, diabetes, elevated blood pressure and cholesterol, cardiovascular disease, asthma and joint pain are health issues which can be successfully cured simply by increasing the water intake.
In order to optimize your health it is extremely important to make changes. You should keep in mind that when it comes to your health, small changes make really big differences. One of such changes is to pay attention to your water intake.
If you forget to drink water, it is advisable to keep a bottle of water next to you or set an alarm to your smart-phone.